Without car insurance, you will not be able to renew your vehicle’s road tax from Road Transport Department (JPJ) Malaysia. Driving without a valid road tax can cost you penalty in fines up to RM3,000 depending on court’s decision.
Check List before renewing car insurance:
- Check if you have any summons/blacklist CHECK SUMMON
- Understand your current car market value CHECK MARKET VALUE
- Check if you still entitle for the No Claim Discount or No Claim Bonus (NCD/NCB) from insurance CHECK NCD / NCB & WHAT IS NCD / NCB?
- Check windscreen value if you opt for optional coverage WHAT IS OPTIONAL COVERAGE
Check List before renewing road tax:
- Check if your driving license is still valid CHECK LICENSE EXPIRY